What Information Do We Collect?
We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us when using Abide, such as when you create an account and profile, send or post information or other content to Abide. We collect certain personal information, like your name, picture, email address and any other information you provide to us.
We may also automatically collect certain information when you use Abide, such as your time zone, Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on Abide. This information is not treated as personal information unless we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifiable information mentioned above.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both “session” cookies (that last until you close your browser) and “persistent” cookies (that last until you or your browser delete them) to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information collected through Abide for the purposes described below:
- to provide our services or information you request, develop new products, and to process and complete any transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends, and to personalize and improve Abide and your experiences when you use Abide and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We may use or store information wherever we do business.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- with third-Party Payment Processing platforms who sell subscriptions or merchandise through our Services. When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a third party application, including the Apple App Store (together with any similar applications, “App Stores”) and other third-party payment processors, including Stripe. The third party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of Abide, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
- we may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties or partners for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law, regulation or legal processes or in response to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provided us that is associated with your account. You may “opt out” of receiving messages from specific users. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive emails from us, about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
If you want to deactivate or delete your information and your account, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your account and information. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as we can, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
You may ask if Abide is processing personal information about you, request access to your personal information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your personal information. Where otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, send the request from the email address associated with your Account (or provide another mechanism for us to verify your identity), and include a detailed description of your data request. We will process such requests in line with local laws.
Although Abide makes good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information, there may be circumstances when we are unable to provide access, including but not limited to situations where the requested information has legal privilege, would compromise the privacy of others or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would greatly exceed the risk to your privacy. If we determine that your access should be limited after a request is made, we will give an explanation of how that determination was made and a contact for follow up.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our service is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible. If you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent’s permission to access the Services.
Last updated on the effective date of December 1, 2022.